Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The high cost of mental health

I spoke today with a woman from intake from the partial hospitalization program from Local Hospital. Being uninsured, if I want to use this program, I need to come up with the total amount of one day's services as a down payment. $550.

Because being diagnosed with PTSD and going through some really hard times isn't enough, let's add to the crisis I am already feeling like I am in.

I have two jobs, and so because of that, I don't qualify for Community Mental Health services - I make too much money. But I can't afford insurance, and I certainly can't afford $550 a day to be "better".

I guess the next step is to find a physician who will prescribe me Ativan to deal with the anxiety, and then just medicate instead of actually cure. It seems like that's the only option at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment